1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Member to the family

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by al7ezza, Jul 6, 2006.

1. al7ezza

al7ezza New Member

Just pick up a 06 Silver Prius with HK package from Toyota 101 in Redwood City, CA. We made the deposit on May 25. The wait is not bad.

Suprisingly, I found out I do not have the AUTO light option... even I have HID on my package...

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congratulations! Welcome to PriusChat!

By "AUTO light" do you mean the daytime running lights the manual talks about? Nobody in the US gets those.

P.S. Good color choice!

3. marjam

marjam Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(al7ezza @ Jul 6 2006, 01:18 AM) [snapback]281836[/snapback]</div>
    Congratulations to you. You'll love the car. Yup, no auto lights in the US. Some people leave the lights on all the time since they turn off automatically when you open the drivers door and turn back on when you restart the car.

There is a link somewhere to a kit that will turn the foglamps into DRLs but they still don't work automatically; you have to leave the fog light switch on.

I'd love to have the amber turn signals used as DRLs but it does not seem possible.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Jul 6 2006, 01:44 AM) [snapback]281850[/snapback]</div>
    I think he means lights that turn on automatically at dusk. You can get that in Canada.

4. al7ezza

al7ezza New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marjam @ Jul 5 2006, 11:40 PM) [snapback]281880[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the information. My mean is the automatically light senor to turn on the headlight when the environment gets dark... I have an Lexus IS300 and it equips with such sensor with my HID light, hence I made the same assumption that Toyota HID light will come with such sensor.

5. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No auto sensor, but if you just leave the headlight switch in the on position, the lights are on when the car is running, and go off after you turn off POWER switch and open a door. I have taken to just leaving the switch on...Surprised the heck out of me when I found out about it. I had parked the car in the rain and, when I got to my desk, I realized I had not turned off the lights. I went back out to the car, and, golly, no headlights. Then I looked at the switch and saw that it was indeed still on. After that, I paid attention and noticed the headlights going off with power off and open door...just like you can still operate the car windows after power off if you''ve not opened a door. I only wish the cd player would let you eject a cd without having to turn anything on...my last car stereo did...

6. Lil Mo

Lil Mo New Member

The problem with leaving your lights on in the day is that it automatically reverses the NAV to a black background. That is how I tell if I left my lights on.

It would have been sweet for Toyota to have put in an automatic sensor for the headlights to turn on at dusk and off in the day. Are there any post-factory options to add this feature?

7. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lil Mo @ Jul 9 2006, 06:48 AM) [snapback]283298[/snapback]</div>
    Ah--one of those features wot seems a better idea with a lesser package--My #3 doesn't have NAV, so the light trick works just fine for me...I reckon this is one of those times it is indeed important to know what package one is talking about! Me, I spent $300 on a VERY basic gps, and, since nothing I own is bluetooth, I don't miss it! So, for those keeping score--if you have NAV, the light show won't work exactly right for you. If you do NOT have NAV, it seems pretty good! :eek: