1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by eaflorida, Nov 17, 2005.

1. eaflorida

eaflorida New Member

I just joined Priuschat. I live just outside of Jacksonville, Florida. I have my name on a waiting list for a 2006 Silver Prius - Package 7. My local dealer here just contacted me and advised me that my 2006 car will be delivered here somewhere around Dec 15th, but I will not be taking delivery until Jan 1 or Jan 2, in order to get that big tax credit.

I am not adding any options at all to my package 7, except having XM radio installed.

I am having to pay MSRP, plus a $500.00 dealer fee for the car. Not too happy about the 500.00 add on, but the salesman told me today that they are now adding on a 1495.00 fee for all new orders, and that I am lucky that I put my deposit down on the car earlier last month.

I have never paid MSRP ever for a car, but I guess the laws of supply and demand are pretty evident here.

I just sold my 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid. It had 31,130 miles on it. I was able to get a consistent 42MPG highway on it at 70-75 MPG and able to get consistent 48-53 MPG on the highway going around 60MPH. A big difference when going slow. I liked my car, but the biggest negative with it was the small size. The prius has much better technology, MPG, and more room!

Is there an equally large effect in the Prius on the mileage, if you were to drive at 60MPH HWY vs 70 or 75 MPH hwy?

Thanks for your input.

2. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

<_< Florida, eh?
    I'll bet he'd be willing to cut you a deal with some prime waterfront property he has as well.

I hope he at least kissed you first because you're getting boned.

3. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine takes a somewhat smaller hit than that at 70 MPH.

The beauty of the live display is in seeing immediately what effect your driving habits have on economy. You will be assimilated.

4. Traanya Drinker

Traanya Drinker New Member

Yes, there's a thread about this somewhere in which a member tested mileage at many different mph ranges and the lower ranges were much better (near 60). I've found that if I stay near 60 I get the best results. It was painful at first to change driving habits (I'm now a right-lane regular), but hey, what was I in such a hurry for anyway? I'm more relaxed and don't have to waste $ on a radar detector!

5. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    If you're willing to buy just north of the SE region (e.g., VA), you can save the $500 (minus your travel expenses) and tell your sanctimonious salesperson to place his head where the sun don't shine...

Yes, the MPG hits above 65 mph are significant. There are so many MPG threads floating around here...

Oh...welcome!

6. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I paid $300 over MSRP for a Honda Prelude I bought in Tacoma, WA 21 years, 6 months, and 12 days ago. I've felt like a sucker ever since. It was a good car though.