1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by patsparks, Jul 12, 2007.

1. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi all, just checking in to say hi.
    I'm in sunny (not right now) Adelaide South Australia and recently purchased a 2004 Prius with 60,000km on it.
    Been getting about 4.2 litres per 100km or about 56mpg.
    The prius replaced a 1990 Camry Wagon which was getting about 8L/100km so I halved my fuel bill.
    Very happy with the Prius, have ordered a shark fin and mud flaps to fit to the car and a sunshield for the front screen from the Queensland Prius Club.

Thinking about the rear bumper protector.

Been reading about the ICE block heater but I have never heard of them here. No need I guess as we rarely get 0C or sub zero C temperatures. I can't use a US heater here as we use 240v mains not 110v. Also, not permitted to use electrical equipment that isn't marked approved for uses in Australia.

Thanks to everyone who have contributed here, a great forum.

Some things here are different on the Prius to the US models, for example there is no way to kill the reverse beeper here. We do get the EV button though, oh but we missout on a dash mounted power outlet.
    I wonder what other things are different?

2. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(patsparks @ Jul 12 2007, 07:19 AM) [snapback]477418[/snapback]</div>
    You could try to find a block heater from a Colder European country as I think all of Europe also uses 220v -240v

3. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

okiebutnotfrommuskogee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome to the group. I have an 07 Prius that I have owned for about 5 months. It is the easiest car to drive that I have ever owned, and being 73, I have owned quite a few different cars. My lifetime mileage for the Prius is 44.9 mpg. (calculated) so far. Not as good as a lot of members get, but I am pleased with it.

We have had two daughters attend a year each of high school in your country as exchange students, and I have visited Australia twice my self and enjoyed every minute of those visits.

My car came with the clear bumper protector, and even though I am careful taking things in and out of the hatch, it will probably save some scratches. A friend has one of the black ones on his red car and it looks just fine. I have not worked up the nerve yet to install an ev button, even though it is not a difficult task.

I use pulse and glide whenever terrain and traffic will allow and can sometimes come up with 100 mpg segments on the consumption screen. My calculated mileage has improved with each fill-up, but I have a feeling that it is about to reach it's top. I'll keep trying for more though.

Enjoy your Prius, the more you drive it, the more fun it becomes.

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi and welcome to PriusChat!

hmm.. a few other differences...

- no bladder in the fuel tank
    - no side reflectors (both front and rear)
    - you have rear foglights
    - you have 16" alloys

6. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi patsparks, welcome to PriusChat! One difference I noticed is the shape of the headlamp lens plastic. In the US the headlights are more rounded, in Oz they are a bit more angled and follow the contours of the body panels. I took several pictures of a Prius' headlamp, I was so intrigued, last year when I was visiting Melbourne.