1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by dew6898, Jun 3, 2008.

1. dew6898

dew6898 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm Dave and have been viewing this chat room for about two weeks. Lots to digest here. I am on a list for a 2008 touring w/pkg 3 (5 weeks so far). Looking for seaside pearl and have been told that it may take a while. Prius is the hot seller right now and understand why. I have been looking at all being said about waiting lists and must confess it's frustrating. All dealers I have had contact with tell the same story.
    One thing I would like to find out about is the wheels on the touring. What color are they under they plastic rims and does anyone know why they are not just polished? Thanks for you help.
    PS, as an old guy I am slow and dense at this chat stuff so please forgive if I don't get it right.

2. Jack66

Jack66 Kinda Jovial Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome from Stafford, VA, Dave! Use the search function for Touring wheels and you will find a number of threads discussing the pros and cons. Same with the plastic wheel caps. Most people seem to take them off and they immediately feel better about the world. SSSome of the threads have good before and after pictures but you can see for yourself by taking them off -- they are easy to put back on. One of the threads discusses a trick to make the process easier. :)

3. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Here's a pic of my touring with the trim rings removed. I think they look better naked!

Attached Files:

4. dew6898

dew6898 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks for the picture. For some reson they look black under the plastic. Must just be shadow effect. Dave