1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Mud Guards - A Piece of Cake. Tires?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by montenido, Feb 13, 2008.

1. montenido

montenido A 2 Prius household

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hi all. Just installed my new mudguards (purchased here) and thanks to some other posters, it took maybe 40 minutes. I removed the rear wheels, but not the fronts. Very clean look and fit. I did discover that I have a pretty decent bite out of one of my tires, with steel belt showing. At 27,000 miles, I guess it is about time. I thought I might get a few thousand miles more out of them, but if replacing one, I should do them all.
    Now the million dollar question. Which tires? I live in SoCal and drive lots of canyon curves regularly. I know this is pretty well covered elsewhere, but I am also leaning towards a 190 or 195 width.
    Comment or suggestion welcome. BTW, this site is fantastic.

2. Steamboatsig

Steamboatsig Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Come on man...
    [​IMG]

If you are talented enough to install mud guards, you can certainly take a photo or two of your handy work.

I noticed some splatter on my fenders the other day. I am considering this mod too.

3. montenido

montenido A 2 Prius household

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I agree. This guy has the best mods pics. He shows step by step how to do many cool mods, including the mud guards.

Enjoy

Prius

4. Steamboatsig

Steamboatsig Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Wow, thanks. No need to go anywhere else for mod tutorials. I'll save that guy's site to my favorites. Can you say "GEAR HEAD?" Lol, that guy is awesome.