1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New NAV Kit not working

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Ryomatic, May 29, 2006.

1. Ryomatic

Ryomatic New Member

Just recieved my NAV kit from Coastal E-Tech last week. I have tried in vein to get it working and I'm assuming the main board was dead out of the box. When it is installed my display says "external system not installed". When I uninstall the kit, my nav works fine. Checked all the connections and pins and everything looks secure and straight.

I have also tried in vein to get a response from Coastal because I'd like to get a refund on it. I've tried e-mailing and calling for a week.

Does anyone have any experience in dealing with Coastal? Could there possibly be something I'm doing wrong? I haven't seen any threads of kits not working on the forums so I'm assuming this is a fluke.

Any help would be most appreciated.

(I did also get the EV mode kit in the same package. Took 20 minutes to install and works like a charm).

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    if it's a defect, Coastal will replace it for free... although it might take a while as you've tried with the calling and e-mailing etc.