1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Northern Virginia Prius Owner

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by wstcoprius, Jun 26, 2005.

1. wstcoprius

wstcoprius New Member

I just bought my new Driftwood #4 prius from Miller Toyota in Manassas on Thursday. They have several available, as do other dealers in the area. I got mine below MSRP.

Having driven about 120 miles so far, the MPG is showing just over 50 MPG and the gas guage has not yet moved off of full.

I plan to have a clear-bra (3M protective film) installed to protect the paint. I was wondering if any Priuschat users might have had a recent installation experience for that product on their Prius with any of the clear-bra installers in the Washington DC / Northern VA area that they might recommend ( or suggest to avoid ).

Also planned is the installation of the auto-dimming mirror which did not come with my option package, but which I see is relatively easy to install.
    I have just bought the mirror package from the Toyota Mall seller on eBay and plan to install it myself. However, if I get into trouble, I was wondering if others in th No. VA area have had a shop do this mirror installation. If so, who would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions on the above.

2. bmgoodman

bmgoodman New Member

Have you tried the auto-dimming mirror yet? I rented a Prius that had it and I'm not sure I liked it--it let the cars get too close before dimming. I don't know if that is adjustable, but if it is not, I think I'd rather have a standard rear-view mirror. Just my $.02.

3. wstcoprius

wstcoprius New Member