1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New old old Prius owner

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Maurice Weitman, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Maurice Weitman

Maurice Weitman New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Got that? I'm old, and so's the Prius. Well, at 2010, it's much newer than I am, but it ain't new.

Howdy. Not sure where the best place would be to post this is, but I just bought a 2010 with 30k miles. Bought an Altima Hybrid new in 2008, it's got 110k miles. I used to really like it until I got the Prius.

Didn't like the reverse and seatbelt beeps, did a lot of reading here and elsewhere, used Adrian Black's XGauge list, a $28 "ELM327" wi-fi for my iPhone with Engine Link app, and wahla.

Still don't like the Nav system lockout while driving, or its screen not auto dimming, and a few other minor annoyances, but the car's really cool. I appreciate the engineering and thoughtfulness of its design.

Thanks to you all for being here and keeping me excited about my new ride. Plenty more to learn and enjoy, but I'm off to a great start with thanks to you all.

Regards,
    Maurice

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard Maurice, enjoy the old new ride! That car is actually 16 years to you and I. :)

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats on the new/old car! there's a work around for the lockout if you search the forum and i believe there's a setting for autodim when the headlites are on. all the best!(y)

4. cary1952

cary1952 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    your prius has auto dim for the screen.