1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New/old Prius owner

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Greg75, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Greg75

Greg75 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Long time lurker, first time poster. Bought my wife a Prius V back in 2012 and since than was coming to this forum for some info. Last week I bought a 2014 Prius hatchback as my personal vehicle. I like it, still adjusting from my last car (Acura TSX). I am getting around 49 MPG, experimenting with pulse and glide, getting some Weathertech floor liners, led marker light bulbs and such.
    When I drove my wife' s car on some rare ocassions, I was annoyed by the cabin layout, shifter and the Entune system (after system update from 2.1 to 3.2 , the Entune seems much more responsive and no more random music streaming through the bluetooth! ). But I liked the MPG (around 40) and the spacius cabin. The handling was decent for a car of that size.
    Now I have my own Prius, although smaller and to my surprise, little softer and just a bit worse handling than the "big" V, it gets better fuel economy and finally the cabin layout starts to make sense. This is my midlife crisis car ( I am turning forty next year :) )

carolD likes this.