1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Oner - Backup camera, AUX IN & parking sensors

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by FCBarca, Feb 4, 2010.

1. FCBarca

FCBarca Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    New owner...Bought a 2005 with a great number of options (Don't know the package number, I think #8 or #9)...It has NAV but no backup camera (Was this not available in '05?), no AUX IN jack for the 6 CD JBL stereo and no parking sensors for front/rear.

Curious what, if possible, were the options to get these 3 things added on?

I've seen the threads about the aftermarket license plate cameras but I wanted to know, is it possible to add it with some sort of OEM camera so that it integrates with the NAV system as if it were standard?

Not sure if the parking sensors issue goes long with the backup camera but curious about that too...I've seen some ugly after market ones and would like to steer clear of that too, if possible

The AUX IN jack surprised me that it wasn't a part of this car but I would like to have the option of hooking up my MP3 player too.

P.S., how do I know (Without trying), if my stereo will play MP3 CDs?

Thanks

2. Lemauve

Lemauve Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello!! I am in the same boat as you. New 2004 prius owner with all upgrades except the ones you are also missing. Any luck??

3. preeyus06

preeyus06 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    the 6 CD JBL stero will play mp3 CDs. i have tried it for you ;)