1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New owner: 2009 Prius picking up on 31 december

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by kornkob, Dec 28, 2011.

1. kornkob

kornkob New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hello!

My wife decided that my current car (02 Mazda protege) wasn't safe enough after her co-worker got t-boned in a car without side impact airbags (lived but suffered a traumatic brain injury).

After looking at a bunch of cars and doing research in several directions I decided on a Prius and tracked one down locally. I was also at that point looking seriously at the Camry hybrid, as a friend of mine owns one and my wife commutes with him 3 days a week. It's a nice car but I decided to go with the smaller car for my daily commute to downtown. Besides, every used Camry Hybrid I looked at was dramatically more expensive than a comparably outfitted Prius. So ultimately my inner cheap bastard kicked in and, after losing the 'we can just clean up my current car and I'll drive careful' argument with the wife, I closed on the Prius.

So Saturday I pick up a 2009 Prius (58k, one owner, taken as trade for a hybrid Lexus) with all the bells and whistles--- leather, nav, smart key, HIDs. I got the dealership to update the nav to latest as part of the deal.

2. Gurple42

Gurple42 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Enjoy, you'll like the gas mileage!

3. car compulsive

car compulsive Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    LOL I think many guys have that "inner cheap bastard" gene which drives wives and kids nuts.

4. J5A

J5A Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Funny - we traded in our 2001 Protege ES for the Prius.