1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New owner and first post

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by havanese_boy, Aug 7, 2005.

1. havanese_boy

havanese_boy New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Last Friday my wife and I where about to purchase a 2005 package six with extended warranty.

26,566 for car and 985 for extended warranty (7 yr/100,000).

How did we do?

Looking forward to learning about the car from this wonderful forum.

2. JeffHart

JeffHart New Member

Congratulations!

I'm a recently new owner - about 3 weeks. The price on the extended warranty sounds good - if you want the extended warranty. I opted out, since the [HSD] has an eight year / 100,000 mile warranty.

Sounds like you saved a few hundred off of list price, if that includes any dealer junk fees, etc. than it's not a bad deal. Discounts vary depending on availability in the area. Here in Washington, DC they are readily available, so I received almost $1000 of list, but had to pay the $199 junk fee so really only $800 off of list. I think if I hadn't of been in a hurry to pick up a car I might have done better, but still see that in some parts of the country list price is a good deal.

Also - you will get a $2,000 deduction (not credit) for your 2005 Federal income taxes, probably a good idea to see if TN offers anything.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
    Jeff

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [font=Comic Sans MS:4eeee04cca]Congratulations! :party: You did well on your purchase. MSRP for the car, and the same price for warranty that you could get here (that's the only unfortunate part).

What color?[/font:4eeee04cca]

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You did well. Spot on price for both. The only way to do better would have been to negotiate below sticker, which is harder to do depending on where you live.

I wasn't able to negotiate anything off, but I did get the salesman to buy me a cargo net. Yes, it's only $30, but it was something I could show my Dad as a trophy. And I bought the extended warrantee here for the same you paid.

You did well.

5. havanese_boy

havanese_boy New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Funny thing is over a year ago my wife and I got the keychain that I see is posted on your forehead Bill and after waiting for so long I can't find it in the house. LOL.

Time to clean the computer room and find that kychain.

I'm reading all the posts about tinting windows and my head is beginning to hurt...what to chose, what doesn't effect GPS and cellphone...a lot to learn.

Is your windows tinted Bill?

6. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [font=Comic Sans MS:242a7f4f85]That's actually an emblem from the rear of the car. I was trying to get my mind around how the HSD power train works.

No tint on the windows yet. Not as pressing an issue here in OR as it is in hotter areas.[/font:242a7f4f85]

7. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

The only items covered for 8yr/100K are the inverter, battery, and HV ECU. Powertrain is covered for 5yr/60K, but I don't know if that included MG1/2.
    The rest is 3yr/36K.