1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Owner and New to this Forum

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by wiltphoto, Jun 4, 2018.

1. wiltphoto

wiltphoto New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Hello
    Just wanted to say hello. Im a new owner of a 2018 Prius One, Black on Black.
    Tank was full when I took delivery 4 days ago. 7miles on it. I have about 400 now, half a tank left. Odometer avg is 60.2. Only been driving in eco mode.
    Anyway can't wait to look around the site. If you see this feel free to add any suggestions, comments or questions. Ill take any advice I can get. Oh and I traded in a 2006 Saab 9-5 Wagon, which averaged 23.9 and only took 93 octane.
    This reminds me, anyone have issues with using 87? Im hoping they haven't because Im looking forward to saving the money at the pump.
    Thanks and glad to be a part.
    kw

RCO, Burna J and bisco like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome!

87 works fine, and higher doesn't help anything.

all the best!(y)

3. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    87 octane is fine. (85 octane above 4500 feet)

Welcome to PriusChat!

4. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to Prius Chat. Once you get to know your new Prius, just drive it like you would a conventional car and enjoy the superb economy and refined steering and road holding.

5. TomC53

TomC53 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello,

I am new to forum as well. Bought a 2006 in hopes of converting to plug in. It appears that no one is making these kits anymore. Could anyone have a kit they want to sell? Hope to use the forum for many uses besides this.

Tom

6. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello and welcome to Prius Chat @TomC53. Can't point you in the right direction myself, but if there is an expert with advice for you (as I'm certain the will be) patience is all you need.

I don't know if one of our engineering members can assist, so I'll call up a couple of them who may know something. @Mendel Leisk @bwilson4web can you help maybe with the members who have expertise in this aspect. Thanks.

7. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    If fourth gen oil dipstick is similar to third gen, it's good to pull and wipe it, and then wait about 5 minutes before reinserting it for the level check. Oil tends to get pulled up the tube, making it hard to read the true level. That wait gives the oil time to drain down.

You can kill time by checking the tire pressures. I'd suggest to put them a couple of pounds or more above the decal in the driver's door, but don't overdo it: make the ride jarring, and might accelerate bearing and suspension wear. IIRC you don't have a spare tire? Then no need to check it's pressure, lol.

Wash it and wax it, asap. (y)

8. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome. Sorry, but even if you found a kit, unless it was massively discounted, it would be cheaper to have gotten a Plug in Prius (PiP) from the outset.

RCO likes this.