1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Owner, Cape Cod to Medford everyday

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by SullyCC, Feb 3, 2008.

1. SullyCC

SullyCC New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    We just bought a Prius after 18 months of commuting 75 miles each way a day in a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. We were very surprised by how much we like the Prius, we had the misconception it was like other compact cars.
    We were pleasantly surprised with how solid it felt and the ride it gave. Also we were shocked at how roomy it was. I'm a big guy and I was very comfortable in it as well. The only concern I still have is performance in the snow.

2. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Congrats on your new ride. I don't envy your commute at all. Most people don't realize that the Prius is classed as a mid-size, not a compact. I think it handles very well in snow, but some say even better with a tire upgrade. Most roads you will be traveling will be salted anyways. You will save a fortune in gas. I have gotten some of my best mileage while stuck in traffic jams on the southeast expressway.

Welcome to Priuschat. Lots of great info and helpful people here.

3. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations on your new toy. Which color is it?

4. SullyCC

SullyCC New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I got the magnetic metallic grey it was the 1st color we looked at. We looked at a few others but came back to this color.

5. SullyCC

SullyCC New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I've been driving the dreaded Boston traffic now for a few days in my new Prius. I have been enjoying the gas mileage and comfort but I haven't seen too many other Prii out there on the Southeast Express Way. The last car I enjoyed this much was my Audi Avant. Also anyone know if MA is thinking of allowing solo Prius drivers in the HOV?

6. TUXTAILS

TUXTAILS tuxtails

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    hi sully

gary here, from the sharon area.. i also just got my prius(barcelona red), and i agree with you, the car has a lot of room and feels very solid on the highway.. i drive to quincy everyday,and i take rt24 to the xway and get off in quincy exit 8 (mwtux)... i just put gas in, and i gave me 56mpg.. just love it.. stop by sometime on your commute to or from work and say hello....
    gary