1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Owner, First post

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by HybriDave, May 26, 2005.

1. HybriDave

HybriDave New Member

First of all, I’d like to thank everyone on this forum for easing my anxiety for the last two weeks as I waited for my new Prius (Silver, “AM†package 4). Between the time that I gave my deposit and the time that I picked up the car, the story hit about the 13 Prii stopping in traffic. This report scared the bejezzus out of me and I nearly cancelled my order. My thanks goes out to the members of this site that reassured me that the problem was only a software error in 2004’s and early 2005 models. I owned a 1995 Solara and never had any problems, so I had first-hand knowledge of Toyota quality. But ultimately, it was the rave reviews and enthusiasm for the car displayed by members of this forum that alleviated my concerns. So here I am, less than 72 hours into my membership in Prius nation and I am in love with this car!

Incidentally, I traded a 2004 Infiniti FX35… and do I miss the power heated leather seats, sunroof, power telescoping steering column, Bose 6 disc in-dash CD changer, 20 inch wheels, AWD, and the attention it got? Not one bit! Between the difference in car payment and the cost of gasoline, I’ll be saving nearly $300 a month. In fact, the cost of gas alone for the FX35 was nearly as much as my new Prius payment. Granted, I won’t be winning any races, but I am already enjoying the feeling of smug satisfaction knowing that I’m smarter and more responsible than any other commuter on the road (fellow Prius owners excepted).

2. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    sure you will win races... long distance, endurance ones at least

3. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

Congrats on the new car! :multi:

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent