1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Owner..... Hello to Everyone!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by B.D.T, Nov 22, 2005.

1. B.D.T

B.D.T New Member

Hello all.

I’m the lucky owner of two 2005 Salsa Red Prius cars. Believe it or not, my wife and I walked into the dealership on Saturday and bought the only two they had on the lot without any trouble. I originally went to trade in my truck and by the time it was all over we had gone back home, picked up her car, and traded it in on the other. The waiting list on these cars was backed up until February but the truck had just dropped off these two and we were in the right place at the right time.

Just found this site and have already learned some things that I did not know.

I look forward to getting to know each of you.

Britt

:)

2. LaughingMan

LaughingMan Active Member

3. MNPrius

MNPrius New Member

Welcome - 2 Prii - wow <_< I'm envious.

I too found this site after buying and have found it very valuable. I suspect the 2005's were "in stock" because many people are waiting for the 2006 model (bigger tax advantage). Myself, I just got mine in Oct - needed reliable transportation.

Enjoy your new cars :lol:

4. lgeisz

lgeisz Junior Member

Welcome aboard the board :)

5. B.D.T

B.D.T New Member

6. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    That looks HOT!

And welcome to PC!

7. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

8. olcorral

olcorral New Member

Welcome, Britt!
    I gotta ask you - - - could you post your 2 shiny new twin salsas side by side, please? A pair o' peppers! That would be very cool and a first here on PC, I'm sure.
    Congratulations! Kinda like having twins without the diapers.
    I think we have Prius envy going on here!
    olcorral.

9. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Oh my!

What do I spy with my eye?

But two Prii,

one for each eye...

Welcome!

:ph34r:

10. BoBraxton

BoBraxton New Member

Congratulations and welcome. Spouse loves 2005 Silver purchased and driven out of Fairfax, VA, dealership last day of March. In our area there are a lot of deer and a friend with Salsa is just getting theirs back after front end repairs from (her) hitting a deer. Depending on where you live and drive, watch out for critters.

11. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Just curious: did you sort of blow their minds, walking in like that and driving off with two Priuses?

Kinda blows mine.

It wasn't a "twofer", was it? :eek:

Since it's the end of the model year, did they give you extra-good trade-in values (as opposed to a stated markdown on the '05s)?

And the most important question: how have you and your wife "marked" your cars---and fobs---so you don't get the cars mixed up? :unsure:

12. B.D.T

B.D.T New Member

It wasn't so much that we bought two Prius but that we were "able" to buy two Prius. I originally went to one dealership in town and they said that the waiting list was backed up until Feburary. "There goes that idea" I thought. We drove to the another Toyota dealership in town and they had just finished unloading the two that we bought off of the truck. I asked them if they were available and they said that one of them was. My lucky day. We worked up a deal and I got my car.

Here is what I traded in:

This truck served me well. I orginally bought it to tow all my toys with and it did the job very well. Then along came my daughter. We decided that we were going to move to a nice neighborhood so there goes the toys. After the toys (27Ft Travel Trailer, 2 Honda Rincon ATVs, 1 Sea-Doo, and a 18Ft utility trailer) were gone, I no longer needed the truck. It hurt my soul to trade it in but you have to do what you have to do sometimes.

After we finished my deal my wife asked the sales manager if they had sold the other Prius. The sales manager said that someone was supposed to come in on Monday morning and pick it up. She said that she was interested in it and we ended up going home to pick up her car and the rest is history.

Here is what she traded in:

It was loaded with EVERYTHING that you could put on it. It even had the sweet navigation system in it but so did my truck for that matter.

We got what I consider fair trade in value for our vehicles. Of course if we had sold them out right we would have made more money but time was of the essence when you are dealing with two Prius that are available for sale in one location.

As far as telling them apart? Right now it's hard. Whichever one opens up is the one that I get into right now. Sounds crazy doesn't it? If it warms up tomorrow, I'm going to take the pin stripe off of mine. I have never liked pin stripes so that will make it a little easier. I have also removed the trim rings from my wheels because I think it looks better without them. But my wife wants hers off now so we're back to square one it looks like. :rolleyes:

Our cars are Exactly the same. There is absolutely no difference between them what so ever. The only thing that we didn't get was the Navigation system just because it wasn't on the cars. Beggers can't be choosers I suppose. I really would have liked to have the Navigation system but I can always buy a garmin or some other aftermarket system. I have had a Navigation system in all of my vehicles since around 2001 so it will be missed.

I don't know which "package" we have on these cars but honestly I don't know where to look. They do have the Smart Key System and I LOVE that. That is convenient as hell. The only options I can tell that they don't have is the Nav system (and everything that goes along with that) and fog lights. Everything else "looks" like it's there.

Anyway.... Thank all of you for the warm welcome! I look forward to sharing information and getting to know all of you.

Hope you all have a great evening!

Britt

13. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi B.D.T (Britt)

WOW... that Salsa Prius paint is so shiny it looks LIQUID.!! And what a contrast from your two "trade-ins."

I'll be interested is how your Prii perform in climbing those Little Rock hills, like the one up to the watchtower. Looks like you're in for fun driving and significant fuel savings. We hope to drive our Prius to Little Rock this coming summer for a choral festival. We'll be on the lookout for your "Twin Prii."

14. B.D.T

B.D.T New Member

Give me a heads up if you do. I'll be happy to show you around.

Britt

15. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Welcome to PC! And congrats on your double Prii purchase, that's awesome! :D

16. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Beauty Mate! Welcome aboard. I love the color. I did the same thing that you guys did.
    I walked into the dealership and drove off in a Silver Package #3. Glad to hear that you're happy with "the twins".

Cheers,

T

17. MNPrius

MNPrius New Member

Beautiful color! I've read about people having Salsa red, but hadn't seen one yet.
    Wow :D

-- I'll also second the "nice looking family". Enjoy your cars.

18. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Assuming you don't have license plates yet, I guess that's how you'll end up telling them apart---you'll only have to memorize one letter or number on yours that isn't on hers. (I haven't been able to memorize my plate numbers for years, unless the three letters (CA) happened to come close to spelling something.)

Hmm, two more sets of trim rings in the garage. (We did a poll here a month back on how many people removed them. I was hoping North Korea or someone wanted them. There are THOUSANDS of Prius trim rings now hanging out, unused, across the US---possibly second only to the unloved bicycles we probably have in common. :rolleyes: )

19. B.D.T

B.D.T New Member

20. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Nice pics!... thats the nicest Salsa Red pic I've seen yet!

Welcome!