1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

new owner (hopefully)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by manda1983, Aug 17, 2007.

1. manda1983

manda1983 New Member

Hi All,

I am hoping to take the plunge and buy my new Prius within the next week, but had a few questions...

First of all, I am interested in the Barcelona Red Prius with the gray interior... 2007 model with either package #2 or package #5 (with the navigation system).... My question is this, Does anyone think this will be difficult to find and buy off the lot? From what I've read it seems that everyone has to order their new Prius'.

This would be a big deal to me because I've recently sold my car and have no transportation to my new job if I'm unable to take a car straight of the lot.

I live in a fairly big city in California, with several Toyota dealerships, and I always see Prius' in their lots. I didn't think there would be a problem till I read all of these posts... AM I DOOMED TO BE WITHOUT TRANSPORTATION?

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manda1983 @ Aug 17 2007, 08:54 PM) [snapback]498108[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome to the site. You are looking for a car that doesn't sit on the lot at the end of a production run. My advice is to check the inventory of every dealer within the distance you are willing to travel to see what they have. Contact the Internet Sales Manager whenever you see one you are interested in. You may have to settle for a different color or option package since you are in a time crunch. Read through www.carbuyingtips.com and good luck. You'll be happy with whatever you buy.

3. JenGwen323

JenGwen323 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I bought my Barcelona red package 6 with gray interior off the lot. It actually sat there for a while. I test drove it and came back 3 weeks later and it was still there, unless it was a different one. In your area, you should be able to find one, especially because you are flexible about the package #. Good luck. I love my red Prius.

4. Nda3rdCar

Nda3rdCar Junior Member

:eek: Your search could be made easier by a site I've used: www.cars.com It's a site that lets you search for a particular car, new or used. In one window, you can specify the car and radius of where you live and search new car inventories. Pretty simple to use. Then look through the results, check colours and options of the listings. The some dealerships display only stock photos, others will have their own digital photos. In any case, you can narrow down your search, telephone the dealer to confirm if the listed car is still available or contact them via email.

Just now, I went to the site and looked up New Cars, Toyota, Prius within 30 miles of area code 90024. It gave 144 results. You can then organize the list in price order (easiest way to separate the package levels) and click on a car listing to get more info on that particular car and dealer.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Drive safe, enjoy the drive - Nda3rdcar

5. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nda3rdCar @ Aug 18 2007, 10:11 AM) [snapback]498300[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the site info. I just did a search & found 89. Most are in PA. Only 14 were in NJ.

6. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manda1983 @ Aug 17 2007, 07:54 PM) [snapback]498108[/snapback]</div>

I think it's getting so close to the incoming 2008 you may not find exactly what you're looking for. I also don't think we get 2s and 5s in California but that may be just So. Cal. I thought we only got 1,3,6 or 1,4,6.

Check the inventory of the dealerships within whatever mile radius you're willing to drive. I consider 100 miles reasonable but your mileage may vary. You may end up with a Red/Ivory interior or a Red/Gray #1 or #6. Deal through the internet managers. In general they have a little more integrity than the salesmen on the floor. If you can read up on the "good dealer, bad dealer" threads to avoid any dealers in your area that have caused others grief.

Consider ordering a 2008 if you want exactly the colors and packages you've specified and you can't find them in a reasonable amount of time. Or if you're in a hurry decide what's most important to you....package or color. Just in case you can't get both.