1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Owner in Atlanta (Tucker)

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by scoop, May 29, 2008.

1. scoop

scoop Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi folks,
    I have been lurking around for the last several weeks. I got my 2008 Silver Pine Opt 2 pkg, Apr 30th. I also work for the local Fox Station and my coworkers were so infatuated with the car, the did a news segment on it and put me and the car on TV. (I am a behind the scene dud so that was a first). Since then I have ordered the door moldings, cargo mat, windshield and hatch suncreens, from PC shop and a hood for the display screen from EBAY. I am also taking bids on a tint job. Mudflaps are next then I have to sit on it for a while. I parked my F-150 big V8 which I have to keep for the house and the camper but I am having fun in the Prius.

I drove it to PC Beach from Atlanta which is approx 6oo mile round trip and averaged 46.9 mpg. The first 2 weeks around Atlanta, I averaged around 45.1 mpg. I have learned some tricks to push the batt power some and made some mistakes like parking it but forgetting to turn it off.

Wherever I go, many will crowd the car to ask about it. I got lucky when I ordered it and only waited 2 weeks since the car was on the ship already and it was the one I wanted. Even while I was inside the dealer signing the purchase docs, 3 people approached the sales staff and offered to pay over the sticker price to have the car. There is definitely a shortage of them in Atlanta and 6 week waits are common unless u r willing to take whatever they come across.

I have gained valuable insight by reading this list and hope to meet some Atlanta area PRIUS owners soon. For sure, I have seen quite a few down here.

My only complaint so far is the lack of an adjustable drivers seat and it can be a little bumpy on rough pavement.

Hopefully I will meet some of you around town. If you want to see the news story on line go to www.myfoxatlanta.com and type in marlar in the search box. Kind of hilarious I thought.

Be safe folks.

2. penbed

penbed New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Wow,
    Fox doing a segment on a Prius!
    What's next,Bill Clinton-Fox moderator?
    I think I have to lay down for awhile.

3. browercreed

browercreed New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Hey! I see you're from Arkansas - wish that red prius was mine. I'm in
    S.E. AR and have to wait a few weeks. How do you like it and would
    you make any changes?

4. penbed

penbed New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    browercreed;

I went online and checked with several dealers ,found one I wanted,emailed dealer.
    Salesman sent me email offered the car I wanted with about 1,800 off msrp.
    When I went to test drive car I found it was on its way here.
    Put my deposit down and waited.
    Salesman emailed me on Wednesday when car arrived in Houston,said it would be here Monday.
    Got a call Friday telling me to pick car up next day.
    Went down,drove it and closed the deal.
    I have put mud flaps,tinted windows and bra on.
    Have my fog lights from blinglightshid on ebay ready to install.
    Might put side strips on.
    Drove it to Florida for 10 days and back on 26 gallons of gas.
    I really like this car,it is perfect for what it was designed for.
    Hope yours comes in soon!!

5. FrankZ

FrankZ New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Cool story, Scoop. You got some big minutes there! I live in Duluth and am waiting for my Prius which is due within the next 2 weeks. Tucker is an old stomping ground of mine...I'll keep my eyes open for that silver pine mica.

6. ZC1

ZC1 Junior Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hope you enjoy your new ride. It sounds like you're already having fun with it. :D

ZC1