1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New owner in Boston saying hello

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by timwalsh300, Apr 27, 2008.

1. timwalsh300

timwalsh300 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    -removed by OP-

Tim

2. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congrats on your new Prius and also congratulations on your upcoming graduation from college. I know when I was finalizing my deal on the Prius last November, the dealer only had 3 in ther inventory. All three were sold on the same week.

Enjoy the car.

3. Brodie

Brodie New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congrats on the new Prius....you will not regret your decision. I switched from an F150 to my Prius a month ago (also red, good choice!) and couldn't be happier.

Sounds like you got a good deal although you could have saved a little by getting the extended warranty online. I paid $22,400 for my package 2, RI caps fees at $75 but we have tax. Won't you have to pay tax when you register the car in MA, though? Unless you live in NH and commute to Boston.....

PS I went to BU....where are you graduating from (and congrats on that too!)

4. timwalsh300

timwalsh300 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    -removed by OP-

Tim

5. Brodie

Brodie New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hmm...that's a tough one. I think since you're only staying in Boston for a year I'd register in NH and wrestle with parking, but it depends on when in the city you are, a little. Even with resident parking there's no guarantee you'll get a space. Sales tax in MA will cost you $1000 plus the parking sticker....at least you've got a few weeks to do some research and figure out what you want to do. Good luck!

6. vince3151

vince3151 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hey Tim....Congrats on the Prius, I purchased mine on Friday couldn't be happier. Like yourself I bought the extended warranty for $1,695- and from what Brodie had mentioned looks like we could have done a lot better online. Any suggestions Brodie? Can we cancel the warranty and re-purchase through the online provider ?

Barry-
    Plymouth, MA

7. timwalsh300

timwalsh300 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    -removed by OP-

Tim

8. TUXTAILS

TUXTAILS tuxtails

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Good luck with your new prius.. There is a local boston pruis club. We are looking to meet up again in the near future. Be nice if we can get a large group ... You will find a wealth of knowlage on this site..

Gary