1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Owner in Chicago

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by GreenCleaner, Apr 1, 2008.

1. GreenCleaner

GreenCleaner Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I've been on this site for a few months and was convinced in so many ways that purchasing a Prius would be in my best interest. After two months of searching for the right used Prius with the right miles and package, I finally found my car this past Wednesday. I went to Ohio to pick it up the following day.

My new car is a 2004 Prius with 40k miles package 9 which I was able to get for $17,495.

Everyday I have been amazed at new things I am learning about the car and everyone that gets in is sold on the idea of taking in consideration a hybrid as their next vehicle. I am still learning how to maximize my MPG. So far I've been getting 40-43 MPG. I am happy that I can save so much more on gas which only cost me $26 to fill up. Because I am the owner of a green cleaning service (residential & commercial), I spend A LOT of time driving and sitting in traffic. In my other vehicle (SUV), I was spending $70/fill up every 4 days.

I look forward to being more on this site and the other related sites and learn more.

2. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome !! You have an active owner's group in Chicago. Maybe I will get to visit on my way to HybridFest in July.

3. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That's pretty darn good if you ask me.
    You say you have a green cleaning service. So what kind of distance do you have between stops? Does the car manage to stay warmed up between them?

And as Doc Wille pointed out, don't forget to check out your Chicago Prius Group.

4. Clubford00

Clubford00 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Welcome, dont worry too much about the milage just yet. The weather here has been so crappy that all milage is suffering. I did manage to jump up my milage by about 4 MPG from grille blocking (yes it helps) im getting about 43-48 mpg depending on temp and conditions. Where about in Chicago are you? Im in a northern sub. Yes a get together in the summer might be fun. Good luck with your new car.

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    In 2004, the best color choice for a Package 9 was Tideland Pearl. So unfortunately, if you didn't get a 2004 Tideland Prius, you got jipped.

:brick:

OW! Ok, just kidding.

:welcome: Welcome to Priuschat and Priusdom. If you can make it, we'd love to have you at the Chicago Prius Group event April 27th.

6. GreenCleaner

GreenCleaner Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    LOL, Thanks, Tony.

And as I mentioned in another post, I will be attending group event on the 27th (if I don't pick up a last minute project).

Clubford: I'm in the South Loop. Thanks, I'm enjoying the car and learning more on how to maximize my FE. As of tonight I've been doing 45mpg which is good considering I've been controlling my lead foot.

Eric: Honestly, my mileage varies day to day. One day I drive 5 miles, the next 100 miles. Luckily there's at least a 5-20 mile radius between each stop but every trip requires me to get on the expressway within 5 minutes from my start of the day.

Grille block? I skimmed over that term somewhere and don't quite understand the specifics. Can someone explain? Thanks!

7. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced