1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New owner intro -

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Miata Racer, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Miata Racer

Miata Racer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    So we just bought a Prius, our first. Considered a very nice 2008 Touring but in the end 'brand new' won out. It helped our decision whenever we would see a used one (2009-2011) priced almost as high as brand new. I like to buy vehicles that hold their value, whether new or used. It worked with my MINI Cooper S at least :)

I think we got a great deal. It's a black 2012 "II" model with the light gray interior and factory options of cargo/floor mats and the chrome lower door moldings (which I really like, my wife can take or leave em). Hubcaps are already removed and center caps ordered. We also had the dealer tint the windows. All in we paid about $1,000 under invoice; over $2,000 under MSRP. Another local Toyota dealer told us there's no way they could sell it for that (holdback is only $480), so that pretty much confirmed it was a great deal.

My wife has wanted a Prius for a long time, we recently sold her Sienna van so the time seemed right. I also have the "opposite" of a Prius, a Z/71 4x4 Suburban, along with a Miata, two Maximas (one stick, one auto) as daily drivers and a Fiero Formula (V6 5-speed) that I have owned over 20 years now.

Any words of advice for a new owner would be welcomed!

2. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congrats--enjoy.

3. Larsenvega

Larsenvega Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Since you got the light grey interior, I'd go buy a can of Scotchguard (can get it at most auto parts stores) and spray it on your seats, door panels, and center console cover while it is still new. It'll make cleaning the fabric much easier later on down the road. Congrats on your purchase, and welcome!

4. PruisAz

PruisAz Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Scotchguard is a good idea with your light interior. We used a large 3m can between two cars with many over passes on the front seats and arm handles. I also waxed my Blizzard Pearl paint soon after purchase, especially against our sunny climate in Az.

Good luck and enjoy!