1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Owner - Long Beach, NY

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Chachabah16, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Chachabah16

Chachabah16 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi folks,

I am the new owner of an 08 Prius, metallic gray, package #6. Thanks for all of the wonderful information on this site. I have about 1,500 miles in. I do a combination of very short trips to work (about 15 minutes stop and go traffic), and highway driving (from Nassau to Suffolk country via the LIE, 55mph). I am on my 4th tank of gas. I have averaged over 50 mpg's on my first three tanks (51, 52, 51.5). I attribute these high numbers to the many tips I got on this site, including increasing tire pressure (42/40), pulse and glide, while minimizing warp stealth, and expanding my view ahead, to anticipate stops and starts well in advance. I have also silenced the back-up warning sound, that was driving me nuts.

I have tinted the windows, and I ordered the BT stiffening plate. It's in the mail. Next bit of money, I will also order the BT strut stiffening bar. I love this car, but I do experience some under-steer, and some general uneasiness (slipping) when breaking on uneven road. I hope these mods will do the trick. Had I been to this site before I bought the car, I would have bought a touring. But, what's done is done. I'm hoping that the 2 BT products together will do the trick. My father fell in love with my car the second he was in it. He just ordered one from the dealer, and I convinced him to get the touring. So, you all even helped him out :)

See some pictures attached...

All the best,

c ~

Attached Files:

2. Chachabah16

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Some better pics...

Attached Files:

3. Chachabah16

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just getting the hang of attaching :)

Attached Files:

4. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Dude! You stole my car!

Welcome to PriusChat.

I had the exact same regrets re not getting the Touring Edition. In my case, I didn't test drive any edition of the Prius before buying. I had just assumed that the standard Prius had decent handling.

BTW, there's a pretty active LI Prius group that you might want to participate in.

5. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome To Priuschat! Love The Pics :first:

6. Chachabah16

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks to all that responded. I wouldn't exactly call that a warm welcome though. Sheeze...

c ~

7. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Congrats and welcome to PC. There have been many new members lately and it gets hard to keep up with all the new posts sometimes. Doesn't mean we don't welcome you. We're just busy.