1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Owner Mag Gray Touring Pkg #3 !!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Rags747, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Rags747

Rags747 New Member

Just picked her up today for my wife. Absolutely love it!! Must say I am surprised but she really is an interesting car. I had my doubts if we were making the right decision but so far in all of 55 miles I love it! $60-$70 per week in my wifes 14mpg suv was just insane...although the suv will now become my car.

Have been trying to sell my wife on a Mini Cooper S for the better part of the last 2 months, no luck! She hates the way the Mini looks, oh well. Anyway about 3 weeks ago I asked her if she liked the Prius, whats a Prius she says. Anyway take her to the local dealer...lo and behold she likes the Prius. Oh Boy, now I need to decide if I can live with a Prius!! Anyway, I knew the car but had to become more informed. Read everything I could find and then some. My daughter is in 6th grade and the things that these kids learn in school today is just amazing. Global warming, floods, weather changes etc etc. Needless to say she wants the Prius as it's so "Green" and we would be saving the earth!

Well got serious 2 wks ago and started shopping. Finally closed the deal last Sat at Toyota North in Mt Kisco NY. My daughter got a 1st hand lesson on how to deal on a new car!! $1,875 off MSRP. Most were only offering $5-600 off. The salesman's name is John...low pressure, great guy, great deal! I can provide his last name if interested.

Get this. While I'm doing the paperwork with my wife Chevy Chase is in there with his wife (he lives in this area). He's yelling out to his wife Hey Honey, How about this car, Hey Honey what about this car! It was like being in a movie at a new car dealership! Totally unbelievable. Anyway, before we left my salesman informed me that they just closed a deal on a loaded Prius for Mr Chase...unreal.

Glad to be here on the forum. Now I've got some Heavy Duty reading ahead of me with the Owners Manual!

2. nyconrad

nyconrad Cconrad in Virginia

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Welcome to Priuschat, and congrats on making a wise decision!
    If you're ever out on Long Island, you are invited to attend on of the Long Island Prius Owners Group meetings on the second Sunday of the month. We have one member in CT. who drives down every month for the meets. I'm sure he would enjoy company for the ride down.
    Good luck with the car.

3. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Welcome not only to the elite Prius Owners' Club, but the even more elite Magnetic Grey Prius Owners' Club! Great choice!

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to the smartest car on the road and PriusChat! Not to be outdone by nyconrad, if you're ever in Portland, Oregon, look us up! Portland HSD Meetup Group

Yes, read the manual, but be warned that it is wrong in some cases and in Janglish in others, so look for answers here too. The Search link at the top is your firend!

5. cireecnop1

cireecnop1 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rags747 @ Feb 9 2007, 06:02 PM) [snapback]387796[/snapback]</div>
    tell me about it!, I jsut bought mine last saturday, I love the touring wheels. I only got about 1000 off MSRP, but they gave me $16000 for my Versa which was only 6months old, but still a great trade value

6. MGM

MGM New Member

Greetings to all.

I just joined the Prius club too...picked up a Touring Package 6 (NW) today. After being a loyal Honda owner for the past 25 years, I have switched teams. So far, so good.

I got mine at invoice, which was $2426 off MSRP. Got lucky, I think.

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    wow, so many new owners! Congrats and welcome to PriusChat!