1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Owner-Nav Question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by tdhammonds, Mar 9, 2010.

1. tdhammonds

tdhammonds New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just bought a 2008 Prius yesterday. The dealer said he thought it was a level III but isn't sure. It has a back-up camera, MP3 port, smart key, and bluetooth. I was learning all of my buttons last night and noticed htere is a map button on the steering wheel. When i press it, the screen says "external device not connected" What does this mean? Do I have navigation in this vehicle? Do I have to buy another piece to make it work?

Thanks for my assitance :)

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi TD,

Can't answer your question, but here's the 2008 Prius eBrochure which lists the equipment that is standard and in the different option packages:

http://www.toyotacertified.com/ebrochures/08_prius.pdf

I know that Navigation only comes in Option Package #5 and #6.

1 person likes this.
  3. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    If you push the "Map" button and the GPS screen doesn't come up . . . then no you don't have navigation. Don't sweat it though the Prius Navigation System isn't that great. Go get yourself a Garmin/TomTom/Magellan with free traffic and you will be much better off.