1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New owner needs help!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by cemax12000, Mar 10, 2007.

1. cemax12000

cemax12000 Junior Member

Is there any way to set the language as English on this screen? I am tired of always having to set it, then accepting it when I start the vehicle. I cannot believe every Prius owner has to go thru this when they start theirs.
    After reading this forum, I was able to shut the reverse"beeping" off and hope I can dot the same for this.

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    It's not so much having to pick English, it's the I Agree that is important to Toyota's lawyers. This annoyance is the reason for the LockPick (search for that). It can not easily be defeated. Toyota doesn't want to be responsible if you have an accident while looking at the screen.

3. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ha! yes, only push "I Agree." The Lexus and Toyota training videos actually tell you to select a language and then push "I Agree," but if it looks like it's in a language you can understand, don't worry about selecting a language again :D