1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Owner/New HU questions...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by newveloce, Mar 12, 2012.

1. newveloce

newveloce New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I picked up my 2011 on Saturday.. II...I love the car, but the HU has to go...I'm coming from a 2010 VW CC and I'm completely missing my Bluetooth and Sirus radio.

I'm going with the Clarion CX501-I have no need for Nav, so this seems to be a good option. I'm assuming that I will need the wiring harness, and the steering wheel control interface. I would like to add the SCC1 Universal Tuner for Sirius as well...

Does this look correct? Anything I'm missing? What about the antenna for the sat radio?

I thought I would run this past the experts before I pull the trigger...

thanks-Greg

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard Greg. Sounds like you got everything but new speakers. :) Those aren't really necessary IMO. Follow my A/V upgrade link in my signature to see my experience. Good luck!

3. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Looks correct to me Greg. I just replaced my factory JBL head unit with the Kenwood DDX419. The sound is much cleaner and overall sounds much better with the JBL amp and speakers.

Next I'm thinking I may swap out the factory JBL amp with a JBL MS-8 and amp. I'm just crazy addicted to working on this stuff, lol.