1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

new owner, new poster

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PeterR, Mar 14, 2007.

1. PeterR

PeterR Junior Member

Hi all... new to PriusChat, although I'd been lurking for a week or so before buying... a 2007 silver pkg 2 in northern california.... 3 days ago. LOVE it of course, getting about 45 mpg reported by the computer on first tank. My commute is only 4 miles 25 to 40 speed limits, about a half dozen stops. Lots of short runs around town... ICE runs on the way out of my subdivision in the AM, but I can drive the last flat mile home on battery alone.

Thanks to the "heavy hitter" posters for valuable insights provided before I bought.... Toyota should support this unknown sales force!!

Peter

2. Priapus

Priapus Alter Ego

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Dang it! Another Prius stopped at the coast.
    Can't you people let a few slip through and make it to the Midwest for the rest of us?! :D

Welcome to Priuschat and congrats on your new Prius. I have two pieces of advice: first, post pictures and second, good luck sleeping for the first few nights (and good luck stopping smiling for that matter).

Something you might want to consider is keeping a mileage log. This will come in handy for yourself but also when people ask if you really do achieve the EPA mileage. Trust me, they will ask.

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to PriusChat, Peter. Enjoy your car and don't be afraid to ask questions, but search for the answer first. :) These are the smartest cars on the road!

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    why are so many people changing their screen names?

Congrats and welcome to PriusChat!

5. Bill Lumbergh

Bill Lumbergh USAF Aircraft Maintainer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've got family in Cottonwood, CA and I used to live in Redding as well. I worked for a machine shop off of Airport Rd. back in the late 90s.

Congrats on your purchase!

6. Rxmxsh

Rxmxsh Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats! I've had mine for about 2 weeks now, and I love it!