1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Owner of 08 Black/Bisque #5 Prius!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by pacheets, Apr 29, 2008.

1. pacheets

pacheets We call it Kitt!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hello everyone. We bought our Prius last week, here in Denver. They were selling like hotcakes, but I was able to get my black / bisque minimum package #5...so I am happy.

We tinted the windows and got the clear bra out of the dealer.

Only issue, so far, is that someone backed into it while it was safely parked in my driveway! :Cry: It now has about a 5" dent in the center of the back bumper. But what can you expect...it was 3 days old with 160 miles on it. It was bound to happen some time. :Cry:

After this gets replaced, I will show it off. But for now, I am decking out the inside with portable DVD's, maybe an IPOD interface for touch screen, etc.

Anyway, I am excited to be an owner of this high-tech little funky golf cart that really moves and is so fun to drive.

Cheers,
    "Pacheets"

2. wchardin

wchardin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Welcome to PriusChat. Glad that you were about to snag a Prius, but I'm sorry for your bump in. Do you know how it happened? Also would you mind sharing how much the clear bra cost at the dealership? Thanks and hope to see pictures soon.

3. pacheets

pacheets We call it Kitt!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    This appears to be hit/run in our driveway (someone probably using it to turn around in). No one left a note, unfortunately.

As far as the clear bra & tint, we did a "we owe" with the dealership. It usually is around $200+, but we're not really sure on that price. The window tint was probably more expensive to the dealer due to the many little, extra windows the Prius has. But it looks awesome. We did legal tint and because its a black car, you can still see the definition of all of the windows.

Going towards limo tint would have taken away from the style of the multiple windows, I think.

How's the #6 Touring? I would have probably grabbed one of those if I had the choice.

4. rwhoyle

rwhoyle Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    pacheets,

Welcome to Priuschat!!! Congrats on your new Prii. You will find this site very informative and full of good info. As you can see from my signature, the wife and I really like the Touring models.