1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

new owner of 2012 prius c with a quick question

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Demon009, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Demon009

Demon009 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    got a little prius c with pretty low miles a few weeks ago. it seems the off button on my climate controll console likes to stick unless I pry it up or hit another button pretty hard. is there anything to help get it to stick less like silicone spray? or do I just need to get in the habit of leaving the fan on the on setting when I turn it off to get around it sticking. I saw some other posts and a few videos with the same issue but not tons so thought id ask here for tips

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Try a wet rag first. It may have just enjoyed a little too much pumpkin spice armadillo sweat from the previous owner. If it still needs more, try an old toothbrush around the edges of the button. Usually water or club soda is all you need to loosen it out of those crevices.

3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    And if all else fails take the bottle of club soda and add ice and whiskey and drink it all down and then once you're really feeling it hit it real hard just once and it'll work perfect forever more.