1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New owner question about battery behavior

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by saminjax, Mar 15, 2008.

1. saminjax

saminjax Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Howdy. My new car was behaving differently yesterday. I drove my same route to and from work & daycare, but it fought me all day. I was hardly able to stealth at all. Whenever I would try, it would pull power from the battery, instead, even when the battery was charged way up. Even when I was coasting down the big intracoastal bridge of my route, it kept trying to come on. I know I've onlly had the car for two weeks, but before yesterday, the battery never pushed when I was coasting. Two days ago (again - same route), my mpg mileage was 53.6, but it dropped down to 52 yesterday. Not complaining - 52 is fabulous - but I am concerned about the car's change in behavior. Why would it be suddenly different? Is it something I have done? FYI - weather has been pretty steady, with moderate daily temps ranging between 60-70. I have put just 520 miles on it.

Thanks for any info you can provide. :)

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The best thing you can do is drive it like a normal car. Forget the stealth thing. It's not an electric car. You'll be surprised how good your mileage is with normal driving.

3. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's about a 3% variation. Lots of trivial random things will cause that. Don't worry about it.