1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New owner to be in a couple of days!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Starky, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Starky

Starky Prius fan

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I am closing the deal on my first Prius, a 2008 one-owner with 10,000 miles, very clean about $19,500.00, with all the leftover factory warranty. Selling dealer (a Toyota dealer) is offering a $1500.00 mechanical coverage up to 7 years (84 months) or 100,000.00 miles. Is this worth considering? Also, does the car's price sounds average?

Thanks,

2. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Class Clown

Silicon Valley, CA --- Land of Fruits & Nuts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Whether or not it is a good deal depends upon which options it has. Here in Calif, one can get a new 2009 Prius with Package 2 for roughly $ 21,500 without much haggling.

Good Luck,

Keith

3. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    The Toyota "extended warranty" adds two years to the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty. It can be had for as little as $950 or so. It is supposed to also add further coverage items, though I haven't been able to figure out what extra is covered.

I presume this is the one the dealer is offering. It can be added any time during the 3 year initial period. It can't be added after the 3 year warranty expires.

Note that "wear items" are NOT covered by either warranty. Brakes, belt, tires, bulbs, etc. are considered "wear items". There is a further warranty of 5 years/7 years and mileage on emission related components and the hybrid battery. The length of this warranty depends on which state the car was originally registered in. The warranty extension has no effect on this part.