1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New owner, warranty purchase question

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by spm2, Mar 22, 2008.

1. spm2

spm2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Well, the good news, I just bought an 06 Prius today! We're all pretty excited (I didnt get it from the states after all). Got it from a Toyota dealer here in Ontario, Canada. It's just over 60,000kms, so the original warranty is expired.

They can however sell me a warranty for another 60,000kms/3 years for $1400 they say. They were a little pushy telling me I can only get it now, cant buy it later, that I could only buy it from Toyota dealers at the time of purchase, etc. I managed to convinced them I would let them know Monday.

What do you guys think? Is this sensible? Are there are providers? Cheaper etc.

Thanks!

Cat wait to pick it up now!

2. pewd

pewd Clarinet Dude

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    check the sticky on warranties in the 'sponsored commercial sales' section of the forums give that guy a call.

3. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    1. Save your money. There is no car less in need of an extended warranty than a new Prius. See the April issue of Consumer Reports.

2. If you absolutely must have an extended warranty for "peace of mind", buy it from the guy above. And your dealer is either mistaken or lying. You can buy the warranty from anyone (and for less than $1400 ) before the factory warranty expires.