1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

new owner with 2012 Prius 3

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Suprius, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Suprius

Suprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    First time Prius owner, picked up this 2012 3 a couple weeks ago. Big upgrade to my 2007 Corolla it replaced. I would have loved to pickup a blue one, but considering I bought it the week it was released I only had a choice of red or silver, and silver won out for me. I have already finished off the first tank of gas and according to my calculations I averaged 48.3 miles. If you guys need to see certain pictures of anything on the car I'll do my best to put them up.
    [​IMG]

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Nice, way to go!

Hey, if you got an extra few minutes, could you try to put on a 2010 front bumper skin and see if it lines up OK? joke. Actually, when the new skins are available, I want to replace mine if they in fact fit. I like the new look.

Cheers

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that is sharp looking, they've really done a great styling job. congrats, all the best!

4. Suprius

Suprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks guys!

5. smokiejoe

smokiejoe Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I am mortified to see your 2012 Prius parked so close to the Stores in that War Zone/Shopping Center. I always park way out in the Parking Lot. :)

Good Luck, 2012 Wheels look good!

6. skm009

skm009 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I got the exact same car. Silver was not my first choice but I love it now. 2 fill-ups and averaging 46 until now. Hoping my third is going to bump my average up. Enjoy your new ride.

7. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you have a lot of short trips like 3 miles, or is the weather really cold to where you have to use cabin heat a lot? 46 is a little bit low. I've been doint so many 3 1/2 mile trips and still hanging closer to 48. Just did about 30 + miles mostly freeway and the gage climbed from 50.3 to 51.3, so it like long trips. I'm way into this tankfull, like 330 miles, so takes a while for average to go up but it does.

I still don't think there's any magic break in number of miles to where the avg improves, but that seems to get talked about around here.

8. skm009

skm009 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I don't have short trips but temps have been around 40s and I don't know how good the first tank has been filled so I am hoping my mpgs will start getting better. My current tank is almost empty now and MFD is showing 53.5 so I am hoping at least my calculated mpg is going to be more than 50. You guys are lucky to be living in warmer climates :)