1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Owner

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by rcturner, Feb 23, 2012.

1. rcturner

rcturner Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Last Friday, I picked up a new Prius V level 5. This is my first Prius and it seems to be a good car so far. I have found the paper manuals almost impossible to use but, the online manuals have proven to be pretty good. It is getting a great deal of attention from other Prius owners in the area and has been interesting to talk to other owners about.

2. smokiejoe

smokiejoe Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Welcome to the Club. Wonder if you park the V outside in the Cold Minnesota Winters. Your mileage will definitely increase once the warmer weather hits.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Welcome aboard! :welcome:
    Once you've gone through the manuals a couple times, flip through the forums here and you will learn even more!

Enjoy!

4. samsprius1

samsprius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    I have seen a few of these around,Have to get to the Dealer and look at these! I'm in the north subs!What were you driving before? the more you drive the more you like!Enjoy.

5. Red09

Red09 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Technology
    I saw one on Monday but I couldn't find the owner to talk about it.

They look really nice.

Enjoy the drive.

6. rcturner

rcturner Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The car I traded was a 2011 Kia Sportage EX. The Sportage was a good car but it didn't have the leather interior. My wife had some extensive back surgery last fall and having a non-cloth interior really helps her to get in and out. Plus, she finds the seats very comfortable. As far as other rides, I have a 2010 Mustang GT convertible, a 2010 Murano and a 2009 Goldwing. The Prius is very different from the others and we really like it so far. :)

7. Keiichi

Keiichi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Heh... Why not ask some of the owners here. :)

8. Keiichi

Keiichi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    While I am not the fan of the Softex seats, I have them and haven't had too much of a problem with them yet. But won't know the true test of them until the summer where I will see if the Summer heat raising my body temperature will make me have issues with it (That whole, body wanting to cool off and synth-leather not letting your skin breath a little does make it a little uncomfortable at times)

I am sure though, your wife might like the lumbar support the chair. If you got the ATP, the heated front seats might come in handy too.

I also enjoyed the fact the seat is closer to what a Truck/Van/SUV, compared to the standard sedan style which means 'lower' and legs forward more, which is a slight problem for a person of my frame, (6'0 and about almost 2 feet wide) it makes getting into a sedan difficult if you can barely open a door cause someone decided to park closer to your side than the other side. (Many times me getting into my old Nissan Sentra was a trial when you only get about less than a foot room to get in.

9. Wanderer

Wanderer Hybrid neophyte

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Keiichi I think the model 5 of the v comes standard with heated seats. I have them without the advanced tech package. The only negatives I can say is with one temperature setting you can end up with an overly toasty backside and the switch is oddly placed. My other cars have always had high and low.
    W