1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New owner

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jenlynmc, Mar 22, 2006.

1. jenlynmc

jenlynmc New Member

I've had my car for a week and I have a few questions.

What is the significance of the different colors of lines/arrows on the energy screen (yellow, orange, green)?

What is "ICE" that I see referred to on the forums?

Does everyone's radio get lots of static?

What would optimal energy usage screen look like in regular highway traffic on flat terrain?

(I am an accountant and not an engineer and I am struggling to understand the energy usage screen!)

Thanks!

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited

Greetings!

You can go to http://john1701a.com/, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the "Multi-Display (HSD)" link. It'll give some explanations of the arrows.

ICE stands for Internal Combustion Engine.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome, hope you're loving your Prius.
    Let's see if I can remember this color stuff. Green is always the color of the arrows when charging the battery. Yellow I think is the ICE (see below) to wheels color, and Orange the battery to wheels color. Someone'll slap my wrist if I'm wrong, but a quick peek at the display will give you the answer.

Internal Combustion Engine--refers to the gas engine as opposed to the MGs (Motor generators/electric motors)

No

I don't think there is such a thing. It depends upon your speed. For the most part what you'll see at highway speed on flat terrain will be constant energy flow from the ICE to the wheels with alternating flow from the ICE to the battery and from the battery to the wheels..this will alternate very quickly and frequently as the system maintains optimal performance.

Don't sweat that right now, just observe and absorb. See: http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=13686&st=0