1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Owner

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by STxPrius, Oct 19, 2006.

1. STxPrius

STxPrius New Member

I just bought a 2007 Touring edition Prius today. Nice car!! I'm a bit disappointed about the MPG results, (as most everyone is at first from what I read), but the car is pretty cool.

I have been toying with the bluetooth and voice dialing and think I figured it out, (finally). When in the phone mode with a keypad on the screen you can only voice command a number. If you enter the phonebook and have a list of voice names you can use the dial by name function. I haven't tried this while traveling yet but will post my results tomorrow.

I have tons of questions and will be reading this great forum often for answers.

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congratulations on your new Prius! Be sure to look in the Knowledge Base and Files forums for more information. The Search button (up in the page head) is also really useful for specific issues.

3. STxPrius

STxPrius New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Oct 18 2006, 11:46 PM) [snapback]334925[/snapback]</div>

Thanks Bill,

I have read a couple of your posts and am impressed with your knowledge base. I will have to get my current 37 mpg...(that's with 140 miles on the odometer) up to above 50 mpg like some of the other drivers on here. I am learning as much as I can and think that I can certainly increase my mpg results by learning more about driving the car. Thanks again for your guidance.

4. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

Wecome, and yes... RTFM. :D

5. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    ;) ENJOY your new Prius. I'm glad to see that the Touring Edition is available in Texas. Thus far, the only availables in North Texas are up to Package 4. I have a Package 6 'ordered' in trade for my low miles (22,000) 2004 and am waiting impatiently. The Dealer estimates 4 to 6 weeks.

May I add my suggestion to read the Owner's Manual. It's not an "easy" read, but there is a lot of helpful information therein. Due to the poor organization and indexing of the Manual, I started an "Index" of my own on the blank page in the back making entries as I read the Manual of the page numbers of items I thought I would want to reference later... it's helped a lot.

As to hints and information not found in the Manual, PriusChat and PriusOnline are terrific sources for help. Another great source for information is John's web site:

http://john1701a.com/