1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Owner

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by masterphomeg, Aug 28, 2007.

1. masterphomeg

masterphomeg New Member

Hello all...I'm new to this forum and I just bought my 2007 Prius on Saturday. So far, I love this car. I gave up my 2003 Chevy Silverado, 5.3L Extended Cab for the Prius. I'm starting a new position with my company September 1st, which will require about 2-3k miles per month and the 18mpg I was getting in my truck just wouldn't cut it.

Their are so many options with this Prius...How long should it be for me to really get used to things? Right now, my mind and eyes are all over the place when driving. LOL Hopefully, I'll be able to keep them on the road, soon.

Also, so far, I'm averaging about 42mpg and I haven't done a ton of freeway driving, yet. Just my current small 15 minute commute to work.

I've read some of the discussion topics already, regarding fuel economy, but any additional tips are welcome.

2. kdailey356

kdailey356 New Member

Congrats!! you should be getting alot more mpg once you start commuting... it's funny because if you hit traffic your pissed about the traffic but then your relieved that your basically not using gas! anyways, you'll be happy with the change. The prius is my daily car, though we have alot of cars in my family. I gave up driving my Land Rover LR3 v8 for the prius and love it... esp. not having to brake on corners haha.

3. alg

alg Junior Member

You have a lot of reading to do to catch up, start with the FAQ. Check your tire pressure, 42 front and 40 rear is very popular.

4. alexilic

alexilic Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats! I got rid of my 13mpg Toyota Tundra for my Prius. Wow, I wish I would of done it earlier!! I'm avg. about 52mpg now. Just past 5k miles :)

5. judymcfarland

judymcfarland Queen of Moral Indignation

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Telling us how much you love your Prius is like preaching to the choir! Congrats & welcome! :D