1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

new owner

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by dbhasher, Feb 26, 2008.

1. dbhasher

dbhasher New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    i don't think i'm the typical purchaser. i'm 58 and probably could afford most any car. i just thought that we should all do something to help the environment and should set an example. so i drive my 2007 prius (with all the options available) almost 100 miles per day. so far, i average 45-48 mpg. i extremely pleased. there is one item that sort of bothered me. it was the inability to turn off the automatic skid control. i was parked on a very slight hill and couldn't go over some ice in the street.

2. billarb

billarb New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome to PriusChat. I've had my 2008 since December of 2007 and love the car. I can't help with your question about the VSC. I'm still figuring out the car's doo-dads.

I don't think you're as atypical as you might believe. I'm 61 and could afford to purchase just about any vehicle. I ended up renting one during a business trip to California and was enthralled by the interior comfort (I'm 6'6" tall) and the way the car handles. I gave up my souped-up 2006 Dodge Charger for the comfort and ride in the Prius. I've never been so excited by a car as I am about this one.

Bill

3. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to the old farts club. When I got my Prius, didn't like ANY of the colors, I decided that I am old enough not to give a $#!+ what anybody thinks of me.

4. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

If you search the site you will find others that agree with you. The Prius has VSC (vehicle skid control) and TRAC (traction control). The TRAC is built into the HSD and due to the high torque put out by the Traction motor (MG2) it cannot be turned off without risking damage to the drivetrain.

5. AussieOwner

AussieOwner Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PC.:welcome:

You are definitely not alone from an age situation. I found this out very early on when I asked the question about age/maturity. Found that the demographics cover all ages. The real key is that we all love our car, and, really, when you think about it, that is all that really matters.

6. lumpy95

lumpy95 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Ahhh, still a youngster, oh well, you'll catch up like it or not, LOL:D
    :welcome:

7. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

okiebutnotfrommuskogee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    In three more days I will be 74 and like you, could buy almost any car, in fact, I also have an 05 Avalon. The Prius is the most fun to drive car that I have ever driven and is the one that I drive the most often.

8. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I still think that I am one of the youngest regulars here, I now have had my Prius for a Year and just turned 30. I love my Prius more than any car I have ever owned (or co-owned). I hope I can put 200,000 + miles on this one, my last car I owned from the age of 19 - 29 and it died on me at 185,000 miles. I was eagerly counting down the days when I projected it to turn 200. Anyhow I prefer to keep my cars until they arent worth fixing.