1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NEW OWNER

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by IALTMANN, Jun 19, 2005.

1. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

I just got a 2005 Prius, brand new on 6/13/05 after a 60-70 day wait. I am really pleased with the car. Used to own an F-150 and went down to an Explorer, now I am getting the MPG's. First fill from dealer yielded about a 40.4 MPG, and it is doubtful the dealer put all the gas into it. I just filled her up, and so far with 122 miles the gas gauge still says full!!

I am new to boards and the Prius, so if any of you guys and gals can feed me some tips would sure appreciate it, copy if you can to my E-mail box [email protected], I have difficulty even finding the responses so far.

I have decided to concentrate on getting the most MPG's I can from good driving and am willing to look at also some simple modifications, although I am a very cautious person with this, if I can see some definite benefit it is something I can consider. And PS., I am from Texas, do have a lot of highways, and listen to (and safely glance at) DVD's while driving, found a way to hook up and watch on a DVD player and hear throught the radio, without any changes to the car. I know you can spend $299 and get it through the DVD screen already there, but I just used what I had, and it works great. Any tips would be welcome, and If I can figure out this board I will try to post some too.

Regards
    Immanuel Altmann

2. Hybrid_Dave

Hybrid_Dave New Member

Congrats on your new Prius Immanuel. What color/package did you get? Have fun with your car...there are a lot of great resources on these boards for just about every question you can think of. Great people here too that really know their stuff....welcome!!!

Dave.

3. pjm877

pjm877 Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Congrats on your new Prius... What part of Texas.. I am in Austin... I am seeing more and more 2005 Prii on the road here... does my heart good.. great geek cars.. stick to the suggested break in rules, and have fun.

And remember this, "Prius, Just Drive it"

4. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

Thanks both you all for replying, still new with this board, Dave think I got a mail earlier from you and tried to respond but lost the post...I got what they call the "package "b", the dealer's sticker got lost in the shuffle, but I did get noise/undercoat, 6 cd changer, homelink mirror, bunch of mats, a first aid kit..stripe, high gloss coating, rear bumper applicate. Did not want a fully decked out car, was hoping for smartkey..but that is what came in, and I either accepted that or took more chances. I wanted a moderately priced car and the dealer certainly got that. Around here the leather seats and the Nav cost the car around $28,500 to $29,000, I am a simple man, and can read maps + I do not really like leather in the car, so I am happy. Hope you get this, I am really a green horn on boards....

5. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

PS the color was silver with gray interior..really looking for suggestion on how to protect all this gleaming interiors, especially arm rests and center console..

6. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome and congratulations on your beautiful car. I can appreciate that some do not like leather in the car - I do have it, but that is me. However, given how quickly the armrests and console cover get dirty, I might suggest you just have those parts covered in vinyl or leather. That would permanently and neatly solve the problem. Should not really cost much at all. The parts come off very easy and are quite simple to cover.

Others are using velcro covers - sorry, that would just look too cheap to me. Good luck.