1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Package NL #7 price?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by drpointer, Dec 20, 2005.

1. drpointer

drpointer New Member

Hi guys, I have 2 questions:

1. I've searched, and am getting different prices for the NL #7 silver 2006, and wanted to know if I should fight for the 100-200 dollar difference, or is there some sort of extra charge here in phx?
    I have a dealer here in Phoenix, AZ selling the NL #7 at 28,286. "MSRP" according to him. I thought MSRP is 21725 + 5,730 = 27,455?

Thats over 800$ .
    ANOTHER dealer is offering $28,245, thats his "MSRP". Whats the deal with the different numbers?

2. Also, since this is my first NEW car, I wanted to ask all of you "experienced" buyers, should I buy from a dealer that I feel "comfortable" with, and is knowledgeable/friendly/nice/ etc, but over a 1 hour drive from my house, or one who is a 5 minute drive from the house, but seems to be 'fumbling' around, and making stuff up about the prius, that he dosn't know about. He also always says "our dealership dosn't deal on the prius" even when I ask for simple cargo net, or an oil change. The other guy is offering to "throw in" stuff like that.
    (The farther dealer is also offering that slighlty lower price on the prius to start with.)

Thank you all for your advice and time,
    getting a prius has been such a fun experience, and reading this board is all I've done so far, and the community is great. I already can't wait for january.

2. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Hi! Haven't seen your posts before, so I'll say WELCOME.

On your first numbers, if you subtract the universal $580 shipping charge and the $186 most dealers charge for mats from that total, it leaves $65 unaccounted for. That's close to the price for the rear bumper applique (protective strip), which some dealers also make "mandatory". Could that be it? If not, just ask him.

The second numbers are hardfer to figure, but not that much different, anyway.

I'd buy from the farther-away dealer. Then, if you want, you could get necessary service done at the closer one (in which case I'd remove the other dealer's license plate frames, if any!). If the closer dealer didn't perform satisfactory service, then I'd switch that to the original dealer, too. You don't have to take it in that often, anyway.

Anything else? :)

3. Nadler

Nadler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Just one other note that I haven't seen mentioned here. Farther dealers are generally less expensive than your local dealer. One of the first things dealers do, is ask where you're from. They know that if the price is the same as your local dealer you will buy from your convenient local dealer. The farther dealer thus tries to make the deal a little better. I have found this numerous times buying many cars. Because of the high demand for the Prius, this generalization might not be as applicable.