1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New PB. I got 1115 km (693 miles) on the last tank!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by uart, Jan 25, 2013.

1. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I wont be pushing it this close again though. I refilled 45.08L, and it's only a 45L (nominal) tank. :eek: Ouch I must have been just about running on fumes for those last few km, the Prius didn't miss a beat though. :)

The back story to this is that I got caught out running pretty low on fuel and unfortunately drove to a petrol station that was closed. I ended up having to drive about an extra 40km more than I'd anticipated, and I knew I was pushing it a bit even before I did those extra km.

Anyway all turned out well, except that I wish I had my camera with me to take a picture of the MFD, 1115 km at 4.0L/100km (693 miles at 59MPG).

F8L, Agent J and Hasan like this.
  2. Drafty01

Drafty01 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm picking you'd have been nursing through those last 40km! I did that once too, but not in a Prius. I knew it was getting dire when it started to cut out around bends in the road. Not sure the Prius would do this though as it has a bladder tank - I'm guessing it just stops..., or ceases to have the petrol option as a means of power... anyone?

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ugh you need a picture to qualify! :(

4. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    LOL I didn't know it was a competition. ;)

I've got a picture from about 12 months ago when I got 1095 km on one tank, that was my previous best tank. That time it only took 44L to refill, so it wasn't as tight as this last one. Of course we don't have the tank bladder on the Australian model so that makes it a lot easier to get high miles per tank. :)

Yeah I was hypermiling like mad for the last 15km. Luckily a lot of it was downhill so I'm pretty sure I hardly used any fuel for the last few km.

5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well of course it is. :p
    Top 20 - MPG Record Holders | PriusChat