1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Phone for my Wife?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by hdrygas, Mar 12, 2006.

1. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I am changing phone providers. I am getting a Trio I think. I am leaning towards Cingular. I am defiantly leaving Verizon. Now the real problem is that I am to choose a phone for my wife. She wants a phone that does nothing but send and receive calls and has "big buttons". I would like your help. She really wants a phone that works like the "one at home" no bells, no whistles, no hits, no runs, no errors. Also it must have the option of a hands free set up. No head sets or anything just hook it up or have it installed, I don't care, but it must be truly hands free. Push one button and talk. So talk to me.

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Come on some of you have a wife. I need help here. I have to go out on Wednesday and get new phones. Don't leave me dangling in the wind. Yes I can pick out the most expensive, technologically advanced and complicated phone in the world, but the most simple? Help please?

3. Trevor

Trevor Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think that is a really tough question. There really doesn't seem to be much in the way of simple anymore. If your wife can ignore the frills, on a Motorola Razr that might be a good choice, but it's one one of those things where you would have to take her with you to see if she could handle the buttons. They are a bit bigger than most, but the whole keypad is flat.

4. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Thanks I think she would be happy with the old brick! Each to their own. We balance each other off. What about Nokia?

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    gee i think the definition of simple in cellphones is only having menus 3 layers deep. i would go with Sprint... they have better service than cingular...

6. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    the new nokias are nice, but they have kinda small buttons IIRC. very simple to use and straightforward though. we spent saturday phone shopping.

got ourselves a pair of kyocera sliders, really fun little phones.

7. iluvmacs

iluvmacs Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    That must be wholly dependent on location (or else you're on crack! :blink: :p ). Here, Sprint's coverage is terrible, and my friends who have Sprint phones drop more calls than anyone else. My Cingular service is fantastic.

8. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    cingular in this area i believe suffers because this area was once AT&T exclusive. the merger has not been kind to people who had AT&T and didnt sign new contracts. my sister was one. her service was atrocious. signing up for cingular now may be different. my sister was offered the option of upgrading her equipment "to be more compatible" with the combined service, but she didnt qualify for an upgrade and they were only willing to give a token discount

but what moved her was that she had exceeded her minutes and wanted to increase her plan however they do not allow you to increase your plan in the middle of the bill cycle without prorated allowance penalties. her prorated allowance was just about the same as the termination fees. so she terminated and went to a company that does allow you to increase your minute allowance at any time without proration.