1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New PP owner here! Blizzard Pearl '22 Limited Prime.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Darien Day, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Darien Day

Darien Day Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Flew down to LA yesterday morning and got picked up at the airport by the dealership. After a couple of hours of negotiations and paperwork I drove the four hours home in the new car. It was a comfortable drive. More comfortable than the 2017 Sport Touring Civic Hatchback and 2021 Limited C-HR that came before. I was able to drive the whole way home without re-fueling or even stopping. Road noise was also less compared to the previous cars.

Couple of annoyances though

- The dealership tinted the windshield and two front windows (that's what I wanted) with Llumar Air 80. It all looked good when I left, but this morning when getting into the car to drive to work, I noticed a bubble in the tint kind of poking out from the edge of the dot matrix area near the rear-view mirror. Don't know how to fix that.

- When I turn the bass up, I do hear some rattling or rapid clicking somewhere in the cabin and I cannot pinpoint it.

- I don't see a lock / unlock option in the Toyota app.. I only see things related to pre-heating and cooling and things about the battery state and charging status.

- I understand that Apple CarPlay needs to adhere to strict specs. set by Apple. I'm a bit disappointed though that on the large infotainment screen, Apple CarPlay overall is actually smaller than in my C-HR's 8" infotainment screen. Same for the backup camera.

Tahsin Shamma and Gokhan like this.
  2. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Congrats! Which dealer was that? Irvine? There are very few Prius Prime Limited's in the LA area.

Darien Day likes this.
  3. Darien Day

Darien Day Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Yup. Autonation Toyota Irvine. My salesman was Faisal. Very cool dude. Helpful and patient.

Gokhan likes this.
  4. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Yeah, I've been looking at all the Limited's in the area. I decided to keep my 2021 Limited Blue Magnetism because tax credits are going away in the spring, and I don't want to be stuck with a color I don't like for many years. White is one of the better colors though, looking sleek. Dark colors don't look good on the Prius Prime and they have poor visibility. Blue (aqua in reality) really stands out and gets a little more respect on the road. I searched the whole inventory, and there are only four blue Limited's in the entire US. It's not practical for me to have one shipped from Arizona, Maryland, Massachusetts, or New York with all the markups etc.

Do you have a price breakdown? What was your markup? Typically it's around $4,000 here.

#4 Gokhan, Dec 23, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
    Darien Day likes this.
  5. Marine Ray

Marine Ray Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Welcome. Oh what a feeling ! Great color choice. Grand Teton PP.jpg

Darien Day likes this.
  6. Darien Day

Darien Day Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    The markup was $1995. That $1995 charge wasn't just a markup though; it came with a bunch of things I didn't really need and weren't close to being worth $1995:

- Two portable folding chairs
    - Grill set
    - Mini fridge

I was fine with the markup since dealers in my city are charging 4K to 10K for Priuses and hybrid RAV4s which I was also looking at.

Gokhan likes this.
  7. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    This is a good deal in the current times.

Darien Day likes this.