1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prii at MSRP

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Bob Allen, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hi: Just to let those of you in Washington, Idaho, Oregon who might be looking for a new Prius and don't want a huge wait or a surcharge, you can call Dave Sawyer at James Toyota in Moses Lake, WA. They are getting Prii and will sell at MSRP. As I've mentioned before on this chatline, they are great folks to deal with. I jist received news that a fifth person from this chatline has taken my suggestion and bought a Prius from these boys.
    James Toyota: 509-765-4517. Tell them Bob Allen sent you.

2. baxsie

baxsie Member

I just got mine through Suzan Gillespie of James (due to Bob's previous posts), and it was all good. No funny business whatsoever.

Last time I drove by Appleway Toyota in Spokane, there were 4 Prius on the lot. I'm thinking that $5K "market adjustment" that Appleway adds to MSRP might not be working so well for them . . . Suzan closed my Prius and another on the same day.

3. kkister1492

kkister1492 New Member

Boy! I have to warn everyone about the Toyota dealership in Lincoln, NE. They routinely sell their Prius for $3k over MSRP. He insisted that Prius weren't selling anywhere at MSRP. I told him he was nuts! And a jerk. He tried to tell me that if I were to go to CA I couldn't get one for less than $8K over. I told him I paid MSRP and I bought mine in the SF Bay Area of CA. He had no answer to that.

4. jwTXprius

jwTXprius Junior Member

I bought my Prius last Friday for MSRP and only had to wait a week to get it. That includes a wait for out-of-stock leather.

If you're in the North Texas/ Dallas area, I highly recommend the Internet Director at Toyota of Richardson, Fabian Gaete. Never pushing me with cheesy and outdated persuasion tactics, Fabian assisted me in purchasing the car I wanted, even helping me get a better rate on my financing (though my lender). He sells anything Toyota, but Fabian sells lots of Prii.

He's on vacation for a few days, but will then be back to sell you your new Prius.

PM me for contact info.

2005 Driftwood Pearl AI (package #5)

5. Bill Lumbergh

Bill Lumbergh USAF Aircraft Maintainer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Since we're on that subject, DON'T buy at Toyota of Muskogee, OK. Salesman was nice enough, but there was deception involved in my sale. Wait time was barely 10 days from order to delivery, price was $250 below MSRP.