1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Priii top of the heap in Quality according to CR

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Chris_SoCal, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Chris_SoCal

Chris_SoCal Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    ...Toyota, on the other hand, has excelled in Consumer Reports latest ratings. Its three brands—Scion, Toyota, and Lexus—swept the top spots. Toyota is clearly setting the pace in reliability. Of the 27 models in the brand’s lineup, 16 earned the highest rating. The subcompact Toyota Prius C earned Consumer Reports top score overall. The hatchback Prius, the larger Prius V, and the new Prius plug-in were also above average.

Consumer Reports Auto Reliability Survey: Ford falls while seven Japanese brands top list - Yahoo! Autos

2. dbcassidy

dbcassidy Toyota Hybrid Nation, 8 Million Strong

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Toyota owners really can't complain with the high quality, dependability, and durability in their product lines. This is coming from a previous family owning GM products. Now, they are Toyota owners, and NONE of them miss GM.

DBCassidy

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    ^^^
    Yeah, I'm in that boat too. Toyota reliability has generally been pretty good for me and my parents. All of our Toyotas have all blown the doors off the 3 GM products we used to have, in terms of reliability.

4. bfd

bfd Plug-In Perpetuator

Close to SDSU in the Far Southwest Corner of Cali
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Toyota apparently survived their pesky accelerator problems from a few years ago (the most famous accident - the one in the Lexus with the off-duty CHP officer at the controls - happened just a few miles from here).

5. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I think it was more like......."oh S*#t I just caused an accident.......quick, its the accelerator / brake problem that Toyota is having" band wagon

6. SuperchargedMR2

SuperchargedMR2 Diehard Rams Fan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    That was due to the dealer installing multiple sets of floor mats that weren't even for the car. There was really never an issue with sudden acceleration on any of the Toyota models. I tested every one of my cars & they all stopped even with the throttle floored as the brakes are always stronger.

7. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    ^^^
    Well, there was that, other potential cases of pedal entrapment by floor mats, and the potential for CTS-made accelerator pedal assemblies to stick.

But back to the original topic, way to go to Toyota! Keep it up! I am a tad bit surprised since I seem to recall seeing more folks w/new Prius c's with some problems (some not so minor) than I do Gen 3 liftbacks. And, the Gen 3 liftback far outsells the c.

Perhaps those problems are pretty rare and those folks happen to be here on Priuschat?