1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

new prius added to my stable

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Paul R. Haller, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Paul R. Haller

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    :D I just wanted to post that I had an absolute dream transaction buying my new prius. I live in the SF bay area and dealers here always ask at or above MSRP and have a 3 month waiting list and will tell you up front that you must be flexible with color and option package. What hogwash! If I order a car and wait 3 months and give them 500$ earnest money... I should expect ,and quite frankly I demand, getting exactly what I ordered. In no instance, with the 7 dealers I talked with, were they willing even after collecting my money to guarantee me getting what I wanted. So, I walked away from them all.

I called Deal and Davie Toyota in Susanville and told them of my plight. They said that they could get me exactly what I wanted and in about a month rather then 3. They also offered to sell the car at 400$ below MSRP. In a word I was flabergasted and said lets get started. I talked with Doug Mac Donald a very personable and totaly honest sales person quite a departure from the typical scum bag sales crew I encountered at the other dealers. No notes to me from some guy you cant talk to from behind glass through the sales monkey. No games, no lies or half truths. Just two guys cutting a sale together. He never even asked me for a deposit. He called me about once every week to just let me know what was happening. I left for a road trip to Canada and gave them my cell number just in case. He called me last week and said your package 8, flint mica green Prius is here. I was in Seattle and changed plans a bit to swing by Susanville to pick it up on the way down from there to home. I arrived and the car had been prepped and was looking great and all told it took 15 minutes to sign the paperwork. The last Prius I bought took 4 hours to get out of the Finance managers cluthes forcing me to consider all the fluf they try to sell you. At Deal and Davie it was really pleasent and while I waited they offered me and my wife and son a soda and to my surprise, even though the credit union had not yet sent them the check, they allowed me to leave with the car and a promise from me to get the check from thre credit union to them asap. They already had a letter from the CU saying I had been preapproved at 5.3% apr for 72 months.

Not only was it the most pleasant car buying deal I have ever done, I actually liked my salesman ,Doug, and we talked about our common mutual interest, early Pontiac GTOs. He has a very nice 66 which he wanted to sell at Hot August Nights in Reno this weekend. I have a 72 455 which to my surprise again Doug had copied the Kelly blue Book value from Jan through June 06 and then again from June to December 06 for my car just out of kindness. To my sheer amazement, my 72 455 GTO went from a blue book value in jan 06 of 18,750 with a 10% upcharge for the 455 to 52,850 with a 20% upcharge for the 455 in July 06 WOW! what a pleasent surprise.

Anyway, I got exactly what I wanted in 3 weeks, rather then 3-6 months, and absolutly 0 in the way of problems even when there were financing bugs through no fault of either of us. I can whole heartedly and without reservation suggest anyone looking for a new Prius and no problems, call Doug or Jim at 1-530-257-4427 for the most easy and productive call you have ever made for a car. No guys ,I dont work for them, just wanted to give a good dealer a plug for doing a great job for me. Oh, on a side note, when the car arrived it coud not be ordered with VIP glass sensor but Deal and Davie offered to install one for 150$ if I wanted that...I had said that I wanted it up front but when the car arrived they called and asked what I wanted to do anyway. I can't say enough about them and if that isn't enough, I got 52.6 MPG comming home from Susanville to Walnut Creek. I just ordered through Priuschat.com matts, decals, and body side mouldings too. I'm a happy guy!!! B)
    -Paul R. Haller-
    05 salsa red, leather interior, package 4 Prius and 06 Flint Mica green, package 8 Prius

2. ramarren

ramarren New Member

That's excellent to hear, Paul. If the local dealer doesn't make good on the car I want within the next ten days, I'll be calling them. I'm not terribly enthused about the interaction I've had with them so far.

Godfrey