1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius C mpg question

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by Lil'_C, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Lil'_C

Lil'_C New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hello! I just picked up a prius c 3 in habenero. I love the car! I'm a little confused though. While I'm driving, the display (one that shows the batteries charging) shows 43 mpg for a whole trip (15 miles or so). When I turn off the car the trip summary shows 56mpg. Am I missing something?

Dylan Murphy likes this.
  2. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Press (don't hold) the Trip button to make sure you're on ODO, rather than Trip A or Trip B. (Pressing the Trip button cycles through those three). ODO displays the mileage from when you start the car to when you stop it. Trip A and Trip B show the mileage from whenever it was last reset (by holding down the Trip button).

My guess is that your display is showing either Trip A or Trip B, and so it's calculating an entirely different average. Let us know if my guess isn't right, and we can do some more troubleshooting :)

3. Lil'_C

Lil'_C New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    It was on trip A...lol...I have yet to drive to see if the mpg is calculated different, but I will report back. thanks