1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius C Owner

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by dano9258, Apr 19, 2012.

1. dano9258

dano9258 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    First off, just want to introduce myself to everyone. Picked up our 2012 Prius C Four on Saturday from the dealer. I absolutely love the car in terms of gas mileage. It could have a bit more power behind it, but it gets the job done. A couple of questions:

1) What is the appropriate way to brake. I can't get more than 2 bars on braking on the Eco Score.

2) Is it fine to start driving immediately after starting?

3) I have heard rumors of water pumps going on Prius's alot. Is there any truth to this? Of course the dealer said they have never heard of it....

Thanks guys!

2. moezer2112

moezer2112 Futurist

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    for braking, the ideal would be to just stay off the brakes and coast to a stop. that is not possible most of the time, so the next best thing is to lightly touch the brake pedal which will engage the electric regenerative braking to capture the energy to the battery pack for later use. the final thing, which you want to minimize is pushing further on the pedal to engage the mechanical friction brakes.

alot of hybrid driving comes down to having a gentle touch on the gas and the brakes, and anticipating traffic ahead so you can maintain as much momentum as possible once you've paid to get the car moving. the scoring considers how much and how hard and long you brake, so minimizing it and using the coast and electric slowing stages should help your score, and fuel economy.

welcome to the group. care to tell us about your car and your car shopping/buying experience?

3. kkim

kkim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Congrats and welcome to the Pc family. :)

Here's a great vid on the basics of driving hybrid...

4. dig4dirt

dig4dirt MoonGlow

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats!

You will get to know alot after spending a few hours reading here.
    First, start off with the great vid posted above.

Enjoy your Prius, most of us are!

5. donny612

donny612 "Captain Jack Sparrow"

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

:welcome:I picked up my Black C2 last Friday...Hey! Happy anniversary to me! LOL

carolD likes this.
  6. dano9258

dano9258 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks guys for the info and video. I had a very good experience buying the car here. Paid $25065 for the car with the sticker at 26450.

carolD likes this.