1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius C owner!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by HSuIPT, Jan 2, 2017.

1. HSuIPT

HSuIPT Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Just got myself into a 2013 Prius C Trim One with 30K miles, very clean, and is Toyota Certified! I came out of a sports car that literally drank premium fuel. I am done with the "Sports Car" thing. I watched a video last night on YouTube about "Pulse and Glide", and this morning, I am more than happy to report I got 68 MPGs in a short 5 mile drive! That is completely insane from the kind of car I came out of, that same drive would have looked more like 15-19 mpg. Also looking forward to reduced costs, a new tire on my previous car was $250 USD, $1000 for a complete set. I see internet prices of 80 USD / tire for the Prius C. This gives me tremendous piece of mind, not sure I why I didn't have this kind of car before. The pure electric EV mode kills it around town, but I have to make sure no one in back of me.

Will be posting in the Prius C forums!

RCO, ShenmueTacos and Prodigyplace like this.
  2. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome.
    You may get better mileage on longer city travels. Unlike the average car, the Prius gets slightly worse mileage at highway speeds.

Robbief, RCO and HSuIPT like this.
  3. HSuIPT

HSuIPT Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Thank you! If worse case for my Prius is 46 hwy as published, do you think I am going to complain? My last car was 25 mpg/ hwy, but with very conservative driving.

RCO, Sooner Al and Prodigyplace like this.