1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius C Two

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by wrbcvt123, Dec 18, 2012.

1. wrbcvt123

wrbcvt123 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Hi!

I just bought a new Prius C Two yesterday in moonglow! I test drove a One to begin with, but I decided I'd like to have cruise, fold down rear seats, and center console/arm rest. I'm definitely happy with my purchase - coming from older used cars this definitely feels like a solid quality vehicle I should be able to get many years of use from.

I think one of the most underrated features of the Prius is the non-belt, non-chain "CVT". I need to learn more about this drive mechanism, but it seems really solid and with few wear components to worry about.

I'm not too worried about the battery long term, since I figure by the time its warranty is up I will have gotten my money's worth.

What's the reliability like for the gas engine on these? The dealer scheduled my first visit for six months out or 5000 miles -- is that really correct? No break-in fluid changes?

Is there transmission fluid to flush/fill? Timing chain to plan for? I love that everything is electric with no drive belts!

Now to get some rubber/winter floor mats, some cheap generic airbag-compatible seat covers, and maybe a steering wheel cover?

I'll definitely be doing a lot of reading on here!

2. ECOMan

ECOMan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats! Sorry I can't answer any of your other questions but Congrats!! lol

3. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congrats--enjoy.

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You can learn more about the Power Split Device here: Toyota Prius - Power Split Device

Clazzio makes a very nice set of PVC and PVC/Leather seat covers for our cars. They run $275-$499 for front and rear covers. They are airbag compatible. Clazzio Seat Covers, Seat Covers

GenIII passenger seat example:
    [​IMG]

Change your transaxle fluid at around 30k miles, 60k miles then around 100k for maximum protection. The dealers charge about 1/2hr labor but the Toyota WS fluid is expensive so expect to pay around $80-$100 for the change. Or do it yourself. It is a drain and fill affair. No flush required.

Change the oil at the Toyota recommended intervals while you have the complementary service. After that, change it every 10k miles or so.

WeatherTech or Husky floor liners are popular items for the Prius.